Sunday, July 10, 2011

Kids, Smart Phones, and Teaching for Tomorrow!

Now, I have always said that children are the future and my collegues in education believe me and support that idea. As I was scanning the social media website of tweets on Twitter, I found Lucy Gray, @elemenous, twitter account and a link to her blog about inducing the smart phone, such as iPhones, and Droid phones, with educational apps into the classroom. This is a new generation being ushered in and they are often found with cell phones attached to the sides of their faces or either thumbs and index fingers texting away about whatever crosses their minds, and since keeping phones out of the classroom is becoming more and more difficult, it may be soon approaching a way to incorporate smart phones into the classroom. Which isn't a bad idea if you ask me. We're are already in the digital age where computers are need and used in everyday life. Why not start preparing to use phones? They could help eliminate textbooks and cut down on paper usage. I think it's just a matter of time. Every room in American nearly has computers in them. Hell I have two myself not including my smart phone and Playstation 3 which are highly pieces of technology. I saw 5 years and this is something already happening in our nation's most prestigious school. Wait and See!!!

Here's the Link too! Check it out!

http://rliberni.wordpress.com/2010/08/08/is-there-a-place-for-smartphones-as-mobile-learning-devices-in-schools/

No comments:

Post a Comment